Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transferring few licenses from one server to another

Is it possible to transfer few licenses (for example 5 our of a total of 10 licenses) from one server to another? ('from' server and 'to' server are in different countries, not sure if it really matters). If so, what are the steps involved to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Dinesh.

3 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Dinesh,

If you have one QV Server license with 10 CALs, you cannot split the licenses between 2 servers. If you purchase an additional QV Server you can cluster the 2 servers and use the 10 CALs between the two servers, but that depends on the reason why you want to transfer the licenses. Are you wanting to use the other server and CALs for testing, added performance or because there's a group of users that can't connect to the orginal server?

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We have an existing server in Europe being used by the European team. We have a limited need in US now & hence we are thinking that we can simply add few licenses to the existing server in Europe. However if/when our user population in US grows, I may want to add a server in US and at that time, I would like to be able to migrate those licenses (which the US team purchased) from Europe to US.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Their is no technical way to transfer CALs from one QV Server License to another. This is a sales issue, but in my experience QlikTech doesn't have a problem in modifying the licenses to best fit your needs. I would check directly with your QlikView Sales Representative to confirm.

A possible workaround is that Europe and the US would share the same server or server cluster that use one QV Server License instead of 2 separate and independant servers.

Good Luck.