Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

##### appearing

2 questions:

Is there any way in nPrinting so that when i transform the data from nPrinting to excel, that the data does not come out as follows

Header 1Header 2Header 3
Xdata1XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Xdata2This is a test
Ydata3This is a bigger text
Ydata4This text has over 500 characters
Zdata5Test
Zdata6Another test

where XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX has over 500 characters but appears as XXX's

and 2.

also for row Header1 to be merged automatically by X Y and Z (showing 1 entry) as it appears in the Qlikview application? (e.g. below)

Data1

X  Data2

Data3

Data4

Y  Data5

Data6

Bear in mind, I am importing a pivot chart ( <ch416>), these are not tables ( <tb1>

I have already assigned merged cells on the nPrinting template but it doesnt appear when transformed to Excel.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Unfortunately, the way QlikView pivot tables are imported into Excel from NPrinting will not allow you to merge the cells.

A workaround would be to clone the table in QlikView and format the clone as a straight table.

Then put that into an Excel pivot table which will allow you to format everything the way you want.

Tutorial here:

How to Create a Pivot Table from Excel Table Columns

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

This looks like it might be a bug.

I'd contact support:

support@qlik.com

Include all of the above and any other information you think is relevant.

If you can send QVW(s), NPrinting .nsq files and templates that would greatly help.

Best

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

If you are seeing #'s and not X's, this is probably an issue with Excel.

Sometimes long strings that are formatted as text will display as ####. Reformatting to General resolves the problem.

Stephen_Jasionowski

If it winds up being an Excel issue, here is a tutorial around how to use Excel formatting in an NPrinting template: Can I apply Excel formatting to my Excel reports? – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sorry, typo. I was seeing ####################, not XXXXXX.

I figured its got to do with MS Office 2007. Must be. I have Office 2007 installed on the nPrinting Server.

The reason why is I set up a job to compile the app and send me the report and on my laptop, I am using Office 2013. Not ######'s on that.

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

But does anyone know the merging issue?

I've created merged cells as there will only ever be what is below on my chart but it doesnt take this format  in.

It would only be making it way too complicated if I were to 'untick' source formatting.

X  Data1

X  Data2

Data3

Y  Data4

Y  Data5

Data6

should look like

Data1

X  Data2

Data3

Data4

Y  Data5

Data6

Not applicable

Unfortunately, the way QlikView pivot tables are imported into Excel from NPrinting will not allow you to merge the cells.

A workaround would be to clone the table in QlikView and format the clone as a straight table.

Then put that into an Excel pivot table which will allow you to format everything the way you want.

Tutorial here:

How to Create a Pivot Table from Excel Table Columns