Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connecting to SAP Hana via ODBC

Hi Guys

I currently connect to SAP Hana via the SAP Connector. This means having to use the ScriptBuilder QVW every time i need to query a table. This is not ideal.

I understand you can connect to SAP Hana via ODBC and JDBC. There is a cost involved if wanting to go the JDBC route, so this is out of the question.

Can anyone explain how to connect via ODBC.

Where do i start?

Do i have to create a Data Source ODBC?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Magen

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

why you use ScriptBuilder QVW and not only the connection in a qvw any?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Paulo

Thanks for your response.

Can you explain how to do that - sorry im a bit new to this.

Not applicable
Author

when you installed the SAP Connector, in the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data \QvSAPConnector has the qvw application of ScriptBuilder.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Paulo

Ok, i think i misunderstood your first reply. Yes i have the connection string. The reason why i use the ScriptBuilder is to view the tables/cubes etc, I then copy they script over to a new QWV.

If i can connect via ODBC then i believe i will be able to view and connect to the data source and then when connected, view the tables, cubes etc.like when connecting to any other database.

I feel it might be better to connect via ODBC.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Magen

Not applicable
Author

Hi Magen,

I do not believe it has possibility to connect to SAP without the SAP Connector ,you can concectar straight to your database via OLE DB or ODBC.

Hug.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi!

I used this article and use the HDBODBC (avaiable after you download HANA Client and install in your machine)

https://www.google.com.br/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiSnZCmo...

After install and be sure that I was able to add HDOBDC at ODBC Driver administration on Windows, I add a connection called HANA Database, and in Qlikview add the connection string on the script.

Let me know if you succeed.