cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katrin_dobler
Contributor
Contributor

NPrinting report to show links correctly

I've created a report with NPrinting showing all approved invoices in a given period.

As all our invoices are scanned and centrally stored the user should be able to click on the link to open the respective invoice.

The following picture shows the table in QlikView

2015-07-13_NPrinting1.png

This table is used for a NPrinting report, which is embedded as HTML in an email.

But the email shows the whole link as text. Some email clients are able to interpret it as a link, so it actually works for example with Outlook.

But it looks not really like a link...

2015-07-13_NPrinting3.png

Looking into the source with, I find the following:

2015-07-13_NPrinting2.png

My goal is, to show within the email only "Invoice" as text to click on to open the link.

Did anybody know how to prevent the translation from "<" to &lt?

Can anybody help with that?

Thanks

Katrin

13 Replies
Not applicable

I have run into a similar issue myself.  The way I have gotten around the issue was to build a one line HTML report in NPringing, and the line in the report contains both the URL link and the description I want the user to see.  You can then emebd the HTML report anywhaere in your email.  see example

<A href="http//.........">Click Here for Details</A>

In the example above my URL link is between the double quotes.  The description that the user sees is Click Here for Details

katrin_dobler
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Adam,

thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that does not work for me.

I forgot to say, that there is a table with several rows. And in each row an invoice is mentioned and at the end of each row the respective link should be shown as *Invoice* to click on.

Where do you define the link and what is to show? In the script of the QV app or in the Excel-Report of NPrinting?

Thanks

Katrin

Not applicable

I did not define the link in Excel but defined the link in a 1-line HTML NPrinting report.

standard HTML (I cut  the link I wanted) and pasted the link into the html report, and after the link definition, I then put the description I wanted the user to see.

I then embedded the HTML report into the link

This method does not sound like it will work for you since my method had a static link that was part of the email message

You may want to try and use the Excel functionality of 'insert Hyperlink' within your Excel template (Insert menu, Hyperlink option

katrin_dobler
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Ah. Ok.

But this is not possible for me, as I get the different links out of our ERP-system.

And it is a different link per line - as one line represents one invoice and also one specific link.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Katrin

Not applicable

one option to try (no guarantees) is to bring in the table into NPrinting.  Drage the column from the NPrinting template side into a cell in Excel and then in excel use the Insert>Hyperlink on that column

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

try to build the report using pixel perfect reports

there you can define for each cell the url to open

i played with it a little bit and manage to create a report that each row is opening different web site

but for now i only managed to make it work at pdf and excel, for some reason it doesn't work properly in html

but i think this is something worth exploring

katrin_dobler
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Unfortunately, that also does not work.

😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

So wanted to do the same, eventualy figured it out.

Rather then just adding in the table %%CH02%% etc

Create a schema like so

<table>

<tr>

<td>%%FIELDNAME%%</td>

<td>%%FIELDNAME2%%</td>

</tr>

</table>

when you expand the table in the left hand side you can pick each individual field individualy.

for the field with the link field in properties for that single field,

simply untick "keep source formats",

and untick " HTML ENCODE"

this will leave the HTML Code intact.

its abit annoying having to create the whole table schema but in the end it does what was required

(un ticking it and leaving the table in didn't seem to change the fact it was html encode in the overall table extract)

Not applicable

What joshua is suggesting works fine.

Thanks!