Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Integration with apache

Hi

i am looking to integrate my qlikview server with the apache on the front end . so that when user logon to the websso, he is redirected to accesspoint webpage with auto logon

can you explain me how this all works

thanks

peter

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bjorn,

Can you please be kind to provide us the plugin with which we can resolve the LDAP user groups.

Regards

Peter

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Peter,
Sorry, been busy lately so I haven't been able to dig into this. The DSP I found didn't resolve groups either so I'm currently looking into the generic LDAP DSP for v10 (got some confirmation it will also work with v9 but more tests are required). Could be worth a shot to look into it so you don't need to develop your won DSP if it is working successfully with groups etc

Regards,
Bjorn

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bjorn

Many thanks for the reply

You mean to say that we can use the plugin used in V10 for LDAP connectivity in V9.0 also, Then where can i get to download v10

thanks

Peter

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Interesting document but is that really secure?

Wouldn't just about anyone be able to impersonate a user?

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Daniel,
You're absolutely correct. The document I attached is just a simple way of trying out the http header authentication in Accesspoint and is in no way a full documentation on how to deply a SSO solution. It is the responsibility of the SSO solution (for example Siteminder, MS Federation Services etc) to govern the web site and protect it from unautorized access with a tampered/changed credentials (http headers).

Technically SSO solutions may differ, using encrypted cookies etc, but the idea is the same. If you don't have the correct security credentials (like a specific http-header) when accessing the site, you will be redirected to some kind of authentication authority. If you claim to have the correct credentials they will be verified against the auth authority before gaining access.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bjorn

where can i get to download v10 or else can you provide me the plugin file

thanks

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Bjorn Wedbratt wrote:
If you want to resolve groups using any other LDAP provider, such as OpenLDAP or similar my guess is that your only way is to write a custom provider. I know there's been one floating around, will see if I can get it for you. <div></div>

Hi Bjorn,

I'd be interested in a non-AD LDAP provider, too, if you find it.

Thanks,

DJ

P.S. Great Sheldon pic.

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi DJ,
in v10 you can use the Generic LDAP provider supplied with QVS, so you no longer need to write your own custom provider. SR2 will fix some issues with group resolution when using the Generic LDAP so I suggest waiting for the release of v10 SR2, which should be out within a week or so.

Regards,
Bjorn