Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to install OCX client component for OnDemand NPrinting

Hi

we want to use NPrinting OnDemand Service. The User should have a Button at the QV App to export some special document format.

We already did some designs at the NPrinting designer now we would like provide this to the users.

But we do not have the OCX obejct avalable at the QlikView Desktop Client to include the OCX.

I found this article:

NPrinting On-Demand: Installation – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

of Course the Server Part is obsolete while the OnDemand part comes now with the Server part.

But this chapter should be still valid:

NPrinting Component installation

This installation is required only if you use NPrinting Custom Objects on:

a developer machine on which NPrinting Server is not installed, but need to edit or create QlikViewdocuments containing NPrinting Custom Objects and/or NPrinting Extensio

a user machine that should open QlikView documents containing NPrinting Custom Objects.

Installation steps:

1. Download one of the follow msi files into a temporary folder.2. If the target machine runs a 64-bit operating system, download the “NPrinting OnDemand Component x64.msi” file
  2. If the target machine runs a 32-bit operating system, download the “NPrinting OnDemand Component x86.msi” file
  3. Run the installer and follow the instruction

The looking for the installation files described at the red lines. I had a look to the Server install to find this msi as well, but without success.

How can install the ocs objects on client ?

Thanks and regards

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

Michael -

You can perform the custom install on the designer's machine and install the components only which will give you the extension objects.

I assume you are using the Ajax client? If you are using the IE plugin, we no longer support those objects needed to run On-Demand.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Michael -

Which version of NPrinting are you running? The article you referenced was for a version of NPrinting where we had separate setup files for t he server and on-demand components.

If you are using NP16 and are not seeing the extension objects, please uninstall them by running the NP server installation program, choose custom and deselect the On Demand components. Complete the install to remove the components.

Note: You will temporarily need to stop the NPrinting service.

Next do a custom installation of the NPrinting server ensure that both the NP server and Extensions are selected.

Complete the installation.

This should ensure the components are installed completely.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephen,

Thanks first for the fast reply.

Ok we are using Version 16.

The scenario looks like this: a Nprinting and QlikView designer does have a QlikView Client and Nprinting Designer installation.

The designer wants to add the ocx object at QlikView Applikation. But at the QlikView client there is no ocx object of the kind Nprinting available to add as custom object. My thought is now there is some stuff missing on  the client.

How can the reinstallation on the server help to get the OCX on the client machine?

But i will try to remove all Nprinting stuff from Server and install it newly.

Regards

Michael

Stephen_Jasionowski

Michael -

You can perform the custom install on the designer's machine and install the components only which will give you the extension objects.

I assume you are using the Ajax client? If you are using the IE plugin, we no longer support those objects needed to run On-Demand.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephen,

great, thanks.

Regards