Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Not getting same Sum in Bar chart and straight table?

Hi Frnz,

I am Tulasi. I am not getting same sum in between Bar chart and Straight Table. I have used same measure.

Please find the attached QVW.

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

rangesum(max(L4AMID_VALUE_USD,1),max(L4AMID_VALUE_USD,2),max(L4AMID_VALUE_USD,3),max(L4AMID_VALUE_USD,4),max(L4AMID_VALUE_USD,5),max(L4AMID_VALUE_USD,6),max(L4AMID_VALUE_USD,7),

max(L4AMID_VALUE_USD,8),max(L4AMID_VALUE_USD,9),max(L4AMID_VALUE_USD,10),max(L4AMID_VALUE_USD,11), max(L4AMID_VALUE_USD,12),max(L4AMID_VALUE_USD,13),max(L4AMID_VALUE_USD,14),max(L4AMID_VALUE_USD,15))

If(rank(TOTAL sum({<YEAR = {'2015'}>} L4AMID_VALUE_USD )) <=15, sum({<YEAR = {'2016'}>}L4AMID_VALUE_USD))

Those two expressions don't look the same to me.

Anyway, in your straight table you have only one row so the rank of sum({<YEAR = {'2015'}>} L4AMID_VALUE_USD ) will always be 1. You seem to be trying to filter the 2016 values from a 2015 top 15. That's confusing. I don't understand what you're really trying to do. Perhaps you can tells us what you think is the correct result and why.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your reply. Actually in straight table it is giving sum of sales L4ACCTNAME and L4AMID wise in 2015. In L4ACCTNAME, many measures are there. It takes sum and applied TOP For this accounts.

I need same thing in bar chart also. I am not getting what expression i have to write to display sum as straight table.

Please find the attached QVW now.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

It takes sum and applied TOP For this accounts.

Well, it doesn't now. You seem to want a top 15 something of something. Can you explain what kind of top 15 you want? Show us a table with the correct results.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

For L4ACCTNAME has multiple measures,We have to calculate sum of these and apply top 15 ..And calculate these Top 15 SUM.

Sum(          {$<L4ACCTNAME={"=rank( sum(L4AMID_VALUE_USD))<=15"}>}       [L4AMID_VALUE_USD] )..I wrote like this but I haven't get exact result.

So,Please help me to write set expression.

L4ACCTNAMEL4AMID_VALUE_USD
A2
A3
A5
B1
B2
B2
B4
C3
C1
C1
C1
C2
D3
D12
D1

In this,Take A accoun SUM ,B, C and D. Apply Top 2  and Sum of these Top 2 accounts I want..

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In this,Take A accoun SUM ,B, C and D. Apply Top 2  and Sum of these Top 2 accounts I want..

I'm afraid I don't understand the sentence you posted.

I'll ask one more time: Please show us what you expect as result table.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Sorry. I explained in confused way.

Now I posted in another way. I got answer.Please go through this.

Error in Expression in Bar chart