Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Mobile

Hi All

Hope you all are doing well

How do i access to QV through Smart Phones (via Apple and Android)

Jayanthan

11 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

Hi,

From your android smart phone you can use the browser like Chrome or firefox. From apple (iPad, iPhone) you can use safari browser to access the QlikView access point

Not applicable
Author

Hi

but it runs slowly and not user friendly also

Kushal_Chawda

There is no other way to access the QlikView from mobile client.May be you can create the lighter version of application which will have limited objects and limited data. This will be helpful to reduce performance issue.

In iPad there is a way to access the application even you are offline. This feature is called as 'Offline analysis'.

You just need to download the app from iTunes (QlikView for iOS). You can save your QlikView application using this app and you can do your analysis even if you are offline.

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

There is also a QlikView App for Ipad and Iphone.

Remember unless it's a public site you will likely have to VPN into your network to access the dashboard.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Dan,

Can you please explain procedures install / see qlikview dashboards on mobile ?

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

There are 2 ways to access QlikView dashboards on a mobile device.

Both require your device to be able to access the server.  This typically means you must be connected via VPN

The first is to simply browse to your access point.  From there you can open your dashboards and should be able to pick mobile or stadard view.

The second is to download the IOS app and use that.  This may or may not work for you.  In our production environment I get the feature is not supported but in other companies I have worked for it has worked.  I am not sure what would be required on the server side to allow access through the IOS client.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

..... or you could use QlikSense whose responsive design is ideal for varied screen resolutions using the same qvf.

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What'st that called again "hijacking the thread "  Yes Sense is definitely better for mobile but not always the answer.  We are heavily invested in QlikView and do not have infrastructure in place for Qlik Sense so we do what we can to make it work better on mobile devices and QV 12 has made some improvements there.