Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense reloading vs. QlikView

Hi,Everyone

I have tested the reload speed of sense and view,In order to ensure the integrity of the test.I have tested the files from database/Excel/qvd.

The test step as follows

1.Sense/View reload data from the same table of the same database and Store into different qvd files according to the different data volumes of the database(0.4million1million5million10million),that is qvd of sense and qvd of view.In this project ,we can gain the reload time from SQL Server.

2.According to the step one ,I use Sense/View reload data from Qvd,and record the time

3.put the data of SQL Server(0.4million1million5million10million) exporting to Xls/xlsx/csv  formats,and reload the time of sense/view.

4.put the step 3 Xls files exporting to xlsm files.

Texting environment

computer:ThinkPad;

CPU:AMD A8-7100 Redeom R5,8 compute cores,1.8Ghz;

RAM:8G;

system type :Windows 8.1 x64.

The test software version

SQL Server 2012;

office 2013;

Qv 11 SR12;

Sense 2.0.1.

The text record

测试.png

The text conclusion

We found that in addition to load xlsm file,The view is faster than sense.

Obvious that when loading XLSM,  the speed of Sense and View is much slower than the speed of loading the other files.Launch of macro script loads need a long time, and on the processing of macro script, Sense is faster than  View.Is it that the processor of sense is slower than view ?So in loading Qvd, SQL Server, Xls XLSX/,Sense is slower than the View.I want to know if it is possible for sense to improve the speed?

6 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Could be a processor related issue (AMD). Could you compare on an Intel CPU?

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
arthur_dom
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, could you de more specific on test you done?

What version of Qlik Sense you run(Server or Desktop)? Do you consider the system Cache or the SQL cache on your tests?

Is know the sense and the view have today different engines, and there is some performance differences, to really benchmark performance you have to compare then on equivalent scenarios...

Not applicable
Author

Yeah,I think so.

As what you have said .I texted again using the Intel CPU.The rusult as follows

QQ截图20150715134005.png

abnormal,sense is quicker than view.I am deceptived according to the circumstance.Could you tell me why?

Thanks a lot!

Not applicable
Author

Okay.The version is Desktop.Do I need to consider the system Cache or the SQL cache?This is just reloading.Maybe I have a wrong understant

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Very interesting. Could you post the full table please.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

With pleasure. The computer configuration as follows

CUP:Intel i5 2.5GHz

RAM:4G

System type: windows 7 x64

The result as follows

测试1.png

We can see that Sense is quicker than View when reloading Xls/xlsx/csv/xlsm,the speed diffreence is obvious.While View is quicker than Sense when reloading other files.As we all know that Sense2.0.1 is a new version .It should to be more outstanding,Isn't it?

Could you tell me more about the circumstance?

Thankyou  Ralf