Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to use alternate states for nprinting Reporting?

Hello,

I've got a very complex and large document with some controls using the alternate state feature.

In my documents generated by nprinting, all controls which are using the alternate states are empty.

My current workaround is to copy the required data which significally increases (doubling) the size of my document... (form 2,5gb to nearly 5gb...)

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Nothing on this topic?

Not applicable
Author

At this time, NPrinting does not support the alternate states feature.

It has been requested as a feature and is being worked on by development

Implemantation of the alternate state feature – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Not applicable
Author

Nprinting does not support alternate states but accoridng the the Vizubi website, that feature functionality has begun development

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marc,

We faced a similar issue where we had to give AlternateState kind of functionality to end users with NPrinting.  We developed a workaround to AlternateStates and were able to give the desired results.

We added an unlinked island table for the dimension requiring Alternate States function into the data model. In this case we needed Alternate States on Calendar and we have an AlternateCalendar added as an Island with same values as Calendar Table loaded into it.

DataModel.PNG

Using this island table and Set Analysis we were able to give a similar functionality.

SetAnalysisExpression.PNG

Hope this helps. If this is not clear you may visit my blog where a more detailed explanation is given for the same.

http://www.technoforte.co.in/blog/workarounds-to-using-alternate-states-in-qlikview-for-nprinting-im...

Regards

Yogesh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marc,

Kind of late, but i had the same issue yesterday. Figured out that nPrinting is not okay with using Alternate States.

However, you could create Bookmarks with selections in the alternate state. Those bookmarks are applicable as filters. Cycling will be difficult, but its kind of a start.

Cheers.