Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set expressions for current Quarter and Month sales.

Hello friends,

I have a requirement in my project, Where I have to write a set expression to determine current month and current quarter sales

But the problem is that i have tried so many different expressions and is not able to achieve it.

i have tried it in these ways

=num(Sum({$<Month = {'$(=Num(month(today()-1)))'}>} [Extended Price] ) ,'$#,###.') keeping in mind that the date in my DB is in Number format. I don't know where and what am i doing wrong. But this is kind of an urgent requirement for me.. Please help.

52 Replies
sunny_talwar

This is what you are looking for?

Capture.PNG

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes- The same thing.

sunny_talwar

I am attached the qvw file for you to check out (Re: Set expressions for current Quarter and Month sales.)

HTH

Best,

Sunny

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Excellent, This is what i have been looking for.. Thank you very much.

Also wanted to tell you one more thing, i was actually following you in this community inbox, everyday i check my email it is loaded with your mails which means the response you are giving to people out there in need of help.

which make me think you are such an awesome person spending most of your time helping out others, to me you are awesome person and genius mind.

I am so impressed and overwhelmed, thank you so much  for all.

sunny_talwar

Thanks my friend for thinking that I am a genius, but I do have a self interest. The more I help, the more I learn. So I am no genius, just another guy like you .

Best,

Sunny

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thats really sweet of you to say like that. Thank you very much. Any time i have a prob or struck some where, i know whom to reach for.

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Sunny- Actually I am sorry but i blindly added the same expression for my report and i got picked coz it is actually showing the value based on the meaning that say for example lets take item# 639 it has dates from 6-04 to 7-08 but the thing is it giving the 1st PO based on the sort if it asce or desc order.

But my requirement should actually show the 1st PO in order no matter what For ex for item 639 it should always show the Po 6-04.

Can you please help one more time, Sorry to bother you.

sunny_talwar

You will have to recap me man. I have no idea what you are looking for

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sunny- If you go to the QVW you attached to this tread you may recall it.

basically i am looking for 1st PO in Order for each item based on the PO date.

sunny_talwar

Checking it now