Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sspe
Creator II
Creator II

Adding WHERE clause to recipients import

Hi,

I'm trying to import some recipients from a SQL server table, but I'm getting stucked on how to limit the number of records to import? I can select the table I want to import from, but this contains a lot of records that I don't want to get into Nprinting so how do I write a "query" or in other ways filter the records I'm importing?

I know I can create a view in my SQL database that only contains the records I want to import, but I can't imagine that there isn't a way to do this query in NPrinting-

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

NPrinting cannot limit the number of rows imported

I suggest creating a QVW application to import the number of rows that you need imported and import the table object from the new Qlikview recipients document.

See documentation below for details.

How to Import Recipients from QlikView Documents - Features Track – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

NPrinting cannot limit the number of rows imported

I suggest creating a QVW application to import the number of rows that you need imported and import the table object from the new Qlikview recipients document.

See documentation below for details.

How to Import Recipients from QlikView Documents - Features Track – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
sspe
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your answer. That was also what I was ended up concluding. I think I'll just create view that gives me the recipients I need - it was just easier if I could have made that query/selection in NPrinting.