Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Q5 - What is created and stored in QVD Files

Hi Community,

Working on QVD file. I try loading my data to qvd  sample below

DATAQVD << Table1 153 lines fetched

DATAQVD << Table1 313 lines fetched

I see first over all 153 records are transfered from my table to qvd, what is the next 313 lines from same table and why ?

What does QVD holds internally and what mode ?

Cheers

16 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Without checking your load script we can't judge what is wrong? Kindly provide QVD and script..

Not applicable
Author

Missed Out : To update I am doing incremental load.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Hi Varun,

No one can give you answer with only this much description. We need some more information to understand your question/requirement.

Not applicable
Author

Where do u get that informations? From the Debugger?

DATAQVD << Table1 153 lines fetched

DATAQVD << Table1 313 lines fetched

Maybe u should just try to store ur data in a csv-file and have a manual look over it?

Store <Table> into Filename.csv (txt) ;

Not applicable
Author

Philipp  - So you say I am drawing directly from table. Thats why I am getting this. If I do from xls as source I will not encourter such?

Not applicable
Author

Not much happy with answer.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Varun, you need to provide some more information if you need answer. Believe me, with this much description, the question answer will go on and on. Someone will suggest you something and you will try. This way you will get many answers but could be possible that none of the answer is relating to your problem's solution.

If you provide accurate information, you might be able to get answer within 10 mins.

Hope this will clear any doubt/confusion.

QlikCommunity Tip: How to get answers to your post?

Tips on posting questions

Its now upto you how you want to proceed furhter..

Happy Qliking !

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

‌i have seen this before

you can try to add an autonummer field

this Will make the records unique

i think there are Some duplicates (no distinct)

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is there any real problem with your script? Or do you just want to know why a reload displays two table transfer lines?

If I may guess (because of the scarcity of details, this is the only thing we can do at the moment), I think the first line is your increment getting read in internal table DATAQVD and the second line represents your historical data being concatenated to the same internal table.

Note that a STORE statement (which creates the actual QVD on disk) never displays anything in the Progress window.

Best,

Peter