Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Barchart 2 different date dimensions and one measure

Hi,

I have created 2 different date range dimensions and are trying to add them to a bar chart (in qlik sense) with a total sales measure. It only works when I have one of the date dimensions as soon as I add the second one it chart becomes all grey and empty with no values on any axis, is it not possible to combine two date ranges? Thanks!

Sahir

4 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Sahir,

well, if the date_ranges are not compatible or even mutually exclusive, then it won't work in one chart.

You will need to enter conditions for each of the two dimensions being active so you have only one at a time in the chart - or you will need two charts.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

Hi DataNibbler,

Thanks for a quick reply, how do you mean with compatible or mutually exclusive? The ranges are Q1 and Q2 and use the same date format.

Thanks!

Sahir

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Well, Q1 and Q2 are mutually exclusive - any date that is in Q1 can not be in Q2 at the same time and v.v.

There is a possibility, though. I had something like this once, with the previous month - you can experiment based on this.

I had a chart with just one dimension, which was the current month, and one expression to count that month's figures and another to count that month's previous month's figures ...

It was like this:

>> count({$<Monat = {$(=Month(addmonths(min(Datum_ÜS), -1)))}>}distinct Pers_Nr)  <<

(where >Monat< is a field in my master_calendar, >Datum_ÜS< is a date_field and >Pers_Nr< is the field that I wanted to count.

HTH

Not applicable
Author

Thanks I'll look into it!