Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Dimension will not appear on web view of app

We are on version 11.

We have an issue where have conditional dimensions and expressions that are shown in a pivot table based on a condition on whether the item is selected in a list box next to it.  The user can tick a checkmark on items in a dimension list and expressions list.  On the desktop version of the QVW, the conditionals all work correctly.

On the web version (ajax) one of the dimensions does not work.  When you tick the dimension in the list box, it does not appear with the web version.  On the desktop version it reacts as you would expect (shows up as the top dimension in the pivot table) The dimension is the first dimension in the list and first dimension in the pivot table.  I have 5 other dimensions that are all conditional and all 5 work.  It's just this one.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Interestingly enough, if I took the conditional out all together that dimension still didn't appear!   I probably should have checked that before - my mistake.

I change the label from Year to YR just to make sure it wasn't a reserved word issue and what do you know -- it's now up and viewable in the web version.

So, lesson learned, Year as a label doesn't appear to play well with pivot tables in the web view?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
arthur_dom
Creator III
Creator III

Can you paste the expression that has problem?

Not applicable
Author

It's a dimension that is the problem, not an expression.  I've got 5 dimensions and about 8 expressions.  All work on both desktop and web view except one dimension (it only works on the desktop view)

arthur_dom
Creator III
Creator III

but that dimension has a expression on conditional showing or is only a variable?

Not applicable
Author

oh, I see what you are asking. Yes, there is an expression in the "conditional" portion for the dimension:

=if(wildmatch(GetFieldSelections(_ForecastDimensions),'*Year*'),1,0)

It's pretty much the same thing as the other dimensions that work on both desktop and web view.  Example:

=if(wildmatch(GetFieldSelections(_ForecastDimensions),'*Period*'),1,0)

The list is _ForecastDimensions and is built as a static table:

ForecastDimensions:

LOAD * INLINE [

_ForecastDimensions

ACO

Marketing Group

Marketing Category

Period

Week

Year

];

And please keep in mind, this expression is working fine if you view the QVW within the desktop environment.

Not applicable
Author

Scott, did u selected the Year value on the dimension list ?

In this case you don't need , IF condition because wildmatch function return the boolean value.

If you are using GetFieldSelections, these is default limit of 6 selection show on the function. So try to use below expression.

WildMatch( GetFieldSelections(_ForecastDimensions,'|',99) )

This forces, the list to 99 values.

Not applicable
Author

Good point on the 1 or 0 but even with it that way it still doesn't display for the web only.  Desktop is fine.

arthur_dom
Creator III
Creator III

Scott i had a problem some versions ago with wildmatch expression... .try using substringcount

=SubstringCount(concat(_ForecastDimensions),'Year')

Not applicable
Author

Interestingly enough, if I took the conditional out all together that dimension still didn't appear!   I probably should have checked that before - my mistake.

I change the label from Year to YR just to make sure it wasn't a reserved word issue and what do you know -- it's now up and viewable in the web version.

So, lesson learned, Year as a label doesn't appear to play well with pivot tables in the web view?