Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis - question

Scenario:

I have a list box with Name, Location, Type.

I have buttons to select the date range that i want to see the sales for. So i have: CY2009, CUR12MTHS, FY2010.

I have used Set Analysis to show me sales disregarding any selections formula below:

Sum

( {1<area>} Amt) - simple straight forward.

So if i were to make a selection from the list box or pick a date range the numbers would not change because its fixed.

But i need the numbers to change based on the date range i select, but not if i make a selection in the List Box.

How can i accomplish this.

Thanks,

Krishan

3 Replies
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Krishan,

Specifying the number 1 will ignore ALL selections made, the set expression to ignore only some fields is as follows:

{$<Name = , Location = , Type = >}

That way, your expression will ignore selections made on the fields Name, Location and Type.

Hope this helps.

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mike,

I did something close to that but my expression includes the -1 after the $. Both expressions probably do the same thing just written in a different way.

sum( {$-1<Name,Location,Type>} Amt )

Thanks for the response.

Krishan

mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

According to the Help, your expression does not do the same as the one I suggested:

sum( {$-1<Product = {"*Internal*", "*Domestic*"}>} Sales )
returns the sales for current selection, excluding transactions pertaining to products with the string 'Internal' or 'Domestic' in the product name.

Could you post an example qvw, maybe I canb take a look.

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer