Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adelmeire
Contributor II
Contributor II

default selection of a field when opening an app

Hi,

did anyone has developped an extension which select a value in a field only when I open  the sense app and wants to share it?

I'm looking for this kind of code (or any good solution) because the reload of the app via the qmc didn't keep the default selection... and I don't have the skills to write an extension yet

Thanks for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

I don't have anything on hand but the typical workflow would be something like,

On initial load, select your values and perhaps lock the field.

Set a local variable that selections has been made to avoid re-selecting your values on the next paint cycle.

Perhaps you could use this extension which has support for always a value selected,

Qlik Sense Listbox Extension

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Anthony,

So, default selections _should_ be saved even if you reload.

Apart from that, there is no good way of solving that with an extension currently. Extensions are sheet based right now so even if you did have one of those extension you would have to place it on all of your sheets which is not really viable.

Usually a lot of these use cases can also be solved with a little bit of data modelling instead and the use of Set Analysis

adelmeire
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your help Alexander!

In fact, when I imported the app with the default selection and I opened it from the hub, the default selection was here.

But after, I published it, and reloaded the published version from the QMC, the default selection disappeared (I did the test twice).

I need a extension to select

- the language in which all fields labels and titles will be display

- the axis for graphs (year, yearmonth, datehour...)  - sadly cyclic group doesn't exists in sense 2.0

The lack of these selections increase dramatically the time to open a sheet and is a criteria of acceptance of the solution.

I don't have time to rewrite the data model and correct all expressions, so I think this solution is the quicker and simple way for my problem for the moment.

If anyone has this kind of extension or the script to do that, it will be really helpful.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

I don't have anything on hand but the typical workflow would be something like,

Set a local variable that selections has been made to avoid re-selecting your values on the next paint cycle.

Perhaps you could use this extension which has support for always a value selected,

Qlik Sense Listbox Extension

adelmeire
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This is the extension I needed.

thanks for your help!

svinnakota
Creator
Creator

Hi Alexander,

The link you have provided is actually not working. Can you please tell me the extension name which you used. If possible can you please provide me the extension link.

Thank you,

Santosh

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

santho_ak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

With regards to this. Can you share some resources on how it is done. That would be helpful.

Thanks in advance