Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

QVS Migration Mode

Hi,

had anybody used QVS Migration Mode? I read in the documentation about this new feature (as of ver. 9.00) that apparently allows 2 servers to be sharing the same License Key without being clustered, fir migration purposes. I can't find any settings, however, that can make it happen. If you have any practical experience with it, please clarify for me:

- how to declare a server to function in "Migration Mode" ?

- if the old server is running QVS 8.5 and the new server is running QVS 9.00 - would the old server support this new feature?

thanks is advance!

7 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Oleg, I haven't seen it anywhere but in the documentation. Funny thing is that "Qvs Reference Manual.pdf" says "Read more on page 146" and there is nothing about it in that page or in any other.

What we've been doing so far is asking QT for a temp license to do migration testing.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Daniel,

thank you for the reply... Yes, that's exactly what we managed to find from Support. This feature might be working, but only in clustered environments, and even then there was a bug that was supposed to be fixed in SR6...

no luck there, even though the initial thought was great.

Oleg

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is a issue with Version 9 and that does not work. It also only works for Cluster QV servers.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oleg -

DId you ever get this sorted out? Can we switch to migration mode and bring up a v10 server or is it just better to get an Eval License form QV?

Thanks

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

My understanding is the an Eval License is still the solution... Migration Mode is supposed to work in clustered environments only, but I never had a chance to verify it by myself...

suniljain
Master
Master

both server should have same version . you cannot use one version as 8.5 and another as 9.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks