Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III

Nprinting Batch file in Window Task Scheduler.

Hi,

I have a bat file in which i have written command to run QVW & Nprinting, which run successfully when i do it manually. But when i schedule this bat file in Window Task scheduler only my application get loaded but my Nprinting command doesn't work.

Can anyone help me why this happens or is there any other way to run QVW with Nprinting.

Thanks & Regards,

Renuka S

6 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

When something runs OK manually, but fails in a scheduler, the problem has to with the account under which the scheduler runs having the incorrect permissions or not mapping any mapped drives used in the batch file. So that is where I would look.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable

.bat files will only trigger QlikView NPrinting designer, not QlikView NPrinting Server. Remember, this will execute the application, so the user which was used to install NPrinting must be logged on.

If you're using NPrinting Server, there are better ways to trigger reports, particularly if you want (for instance) to trigger your reports on successful reload of your QVW(s).

Take a look at this tutorial:

How to Execute NPrinting Reports by External XML Request

and this one to daisy chain triggering:

How to Distribute Reports after Successful .qvw Reload on a QlikView Server

Best

Aran

luis_idrovo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello can you solve this problem ? can you share please..

renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello,

Yup I got the solution where you have to check under General Setting of Task created in Task Scheduler.

• run only when user is logged on
luis_idrovo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Renuka,

Thanks for your answer, but that does not work if I'm not logged in, any idea?

renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello,

I hope then there is no other options. Need to check more.