Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danmartins
Contributor II
Contributor II

Log files lost after update

Hello there,

I've been using the log files generated by the server at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer to track usage and performance - but they have been reset after I updated the server to the latest SR version.

Is that a bug? if not, does anyone know where the older files would be moved to?

Thanks for the time,

Dan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yura_ratu
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

So, they actually are not deleted, but were renamed from *.log to *.log.00 (by installer?)

and they become invisible for our log collectors, since they are looking for *.log files.

Dan might have had the same issue, if so the solution is to get back them 'log' extension

Thanks

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I have never seen this happen. We do not delete log files, PGO,  or setting files on a upgrade.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you just run the installer for the new SR, or did you first uninstall the current version? The latter may have removed everything in ProgramData\QlikTech.

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Can you restore them from a backup of your QlikView Server?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Peter,

Logs are not touched by the uninstaller.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Got it. Thanks, Bill.

yura_ratu
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

HI Bill.

I have the same issue on two different Qlikvew servers after upgrade from SR5 to SR12 (just installed new version without uninstalling previous one). It was very unexpected to lost all logs. Looks like a bug

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you think it is a bug then open a ticket with support. I have just look for support cases for deleted logs and there are none.

Bill

yura_ratu
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

So, they actually are not deleted, but were renamed from *.log to *.log.00 (by installer?)

and they become invisible for our log collectors, since they are looking for *.log files.

Dan might have had the same issue, if so the solution is to get back them 'log' extension

Thanks

danmartins
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Guys,

sorry for the time it took to answer. After a careful look at the files I found that the Sessions Log was moved to a file named Sessions_SRVQLIKVIEW.log.00. All new entries are stored at Sessions_SRVQLIKVIEW.

I'm quite sure this was done by the installer/updater.

After copying the contents of the backup file into the log file, things are working fine.

Cheers and thanks for the time!

Dan Martins