Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Objects layout

Hi everyone!

I have a question concerning objects layout. Is it possible to script it?

Briefly my problem is the following. There are few obgects (for example, 6 diagrammes) in my QV document. For each one there is a button function of which is showing these objects. To make diagramme visible you need to click on an appropriate button. And I want these objects to be sorted depending on chosen buttons.

I really hope that my problem is more or less clear.

Many thanks in advance!

Marina

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Alex,

could you, please, specify is there any restriction on the number of IF in the nested IF-expression (as it is in MS Excel)?

Marina

alex_millan
Creator III
Creator III

By now, I've never came accross any limitation, I can't assure you but nested a couple of times approx 20 conditions and worked. But notice that nested conditionals implies worse performance.

How many conditions are you planning to nest? Depending on this number, you may better go for another solution.

Not applicable
Author

Alex,

approximately 16 - as much as indicators I have. What do you mean by worse performance? Slow updating?

alex_millan
Creator III
Creator III

Yes, I mean slow object refreshing and calculation.

But before worrying too much, try this solution and see how it works: if you experience a slowdown, go for another approach, but it can work perfectly well. I'd give it a chance for these conditions only applies to variable's values, not on difficult calculations, so I would bet it can work well.

Hope that helps and remember to close the thread when you consider you solved your doubt.

Cheers!

Not applicable
Author

Alex, thank you so much!

alex_millan
Creator III
Creator III

You're welcome Marina!

You can mark the answers as 'useful' or 'correct'. By selecting one answer as correct you're able to close the thread.

Don't forget to do it: that may help others with the same issue as you to find a proper solution.

And do not hesitate to share any doubt that may show up

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alex!

I have the same problem as some time ago. You helped me to solve it (your decision attached). But as far as I have 15 objects instead of 4 this decision doesn't seem an appropriate one.

Could you, please, help me?

Many thanks in advence

Marina

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrew!

Could you, please, clarify, is it possible to apply sorting in a container object and represent only part of objects depending on buttons that are clicked on?