Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjayachandran
Creator II
Creator II

Dynamic Distribution Document Details

Hi,

I have several document which are dynamically distributed. But Governance dashboard doesn't give any information as to whom the document is distributed.

Scenario.

TaskName                      = TestingXYZ

Source Document Name  = XYZ.qvw

NameTemplate                = %SourceDocumentName%_%DocumentField,UserName%

DocumentField Values     =  'ABC', 'BCD', 'CDE'

when I distribute the above Task the below documents gets distributed to AuthUsers.. 

XYZ_ABC.qvw

XYZ_BCD.qvw

XYZ_CDE.qvw

When the Users access the above documents in Access point, the information is written in Session logs with below document details.

XYZ_ABC.qvw, XYZ_BCD.qvw, XYZ_CDE.qvw

Now Question, how can I relate the above mentioned User documents to the Publisher Details like Source DocumentName / Task Name. ?

Same is the case with Static Reduction documents also.

I'm also trying to look for how many documents a user has access to Versus how many times he has accessed them in one single view.

Kindly help..

Regards,

Mahesh Jayachandran

4 Replies
Not applicable

If its not available in Governance dashboard, check the session logs & do your own analysis.

mjayachandran
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Not applicable

We don't have access to change the Governance dashboard script. Please contact the Qlikview support team if you have support option. Other wise check session logs pull the specific required info & add into Governance dashboard.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Hello.

In the Governance Dashboard, you should see the full session logs showing users accessing the published apps.

However, there is no ability in the Governance Dashboard to see what a user has access to.  We only report on which apps the user has accessed (as recorded in the session log).

Concerning the distribution task, I cannot say whether you would see the dynamic distribution by doc name.

When you configure the GovDB, do you include the folder(s) where the published qvws live? That would get you the metadata for those qvws.

But with the task, I think it will likely just link to the original qvw and not the distributed versions.