Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

How can I use existing HTML formatting in NPrinting

Hello-

In my QVW I use the Minimalistic HTML Text Box to display a render a short piece of HTML. I am not converting this app to a printable version. Maintaining the HTML formatting is important to the customer.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for doing this? The data is a few short lines of text, but with color codes and some highlighting.

I can use the HTML reports(I am not 100% sure I can get what I need from HTML, especially the ability to spool PDFs).

Any help is appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

NPrinting does not support extension objects. This would be the reason why the HTML text box isn't rendering.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable

Do you want to deliver an HTML format report?

Do you want to deliver an HTML format email message?

Do you want to do something else?

Let me know and I'll try to answer

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The ultimate goal is a PDF report, as far as I can tell the HTML report will not export in PDF, so I don't think the HTML report will work. I have messed around with HTML, but my skills are rusty. I haven't spent the time I will need to get it in order.

Not applicable

You should be able to insert the text box as an image into a Word (Excel/PPTX...) report.

This should then render into the PDF file you generate from the template.

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The problem is the Minimalistic HTML text box is an extension object, and while I can get the Chart to show up in Images, when it prints I am just getting a big blank page. In the preview it shows the "Unknown Charttype" in the image.

Stephen_Jasionowski

NPrinting does not support extension objects. This would be the reason why the HTML text box isn't rendering.

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I thought I had read this repeatedly, but I wasn't sure if I every actually tried it, so I checked to make sure.

Stephen_Jasionowski

You can vote for extension object support as a suggestion here: Add support for Extension Objects – Customer Feedback for Vizubi