Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Standalone Desktop is getting Hanged.

Dear Forum,

I am in process of designing a Qlikview application for HR and Recruitment management and this is not a big application.

It contains 21 tables out of which 17 tables are master tables and contains not more than 1000 records, however other 4 tables got around 30 to 35 lacks of records.

After loadind all tables compleately, qlikview document is getting around 45 MB size and getting hanged.

There are no synthetic keys, no cyclic references exists.

All tables are connected on single column and no complex keys used within.

There are 4 sheets and all contain same selections in Listbox and Multiboxs, when i add Tablebox or Straight table the documents alert "Out of Logical memory, Increasing 0.2 MB".

This is quite natural when application is very big but in this case I don't see this application is that big or my data model is that big or complex.

What can be the probable reason for this app.

1. IIS is also running on the same machine where QV Server is also running.

2. Development is on this server machine.

3. SQL server is also installed.

4. Lots of services are on over this machine, which i feel are useless at this point.

5. Any performance panality on using Outer join or concatenate in data modeling.

Any General or Specified Ideas?

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, it doesn't matter much that the application "is in the beginning" - you do have a few table boxes on the front end that may be a problem.
Since I don't have enough information to identify the problem, I'm trying to guess the possible reasons.
1. Large amount of data. Looks like it is not the case, given that the biggest table is ~1000 records.
2. Ineffective data load script and data model design. It is a possibility. A unreliable but at least somewaht informative sign would be the size of QVW file. It should be rather small given the number of records, I'd expect less than a megabyte (although the nature of records, text vs. numbers can make a difference). Size 8 MB looks a little too large, not speaking of 35 MB. look carefully at you script, you apparently got something not quite roght there.
3. The front end objects. You do have table boxes, and they may be a problem depending on what fields you're using there, and how they are related to each other. That is a sort of cartesian join on the front end, and it may take all the RAM you have and more. It would be easy to test by simply deleting these tables and see if it helps.

I hope it will give you an idea where to look for the solution. For a more specific help, you have to provide your application.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Everone,

First thanks for replying. I have removed all the joins and concatenate and thus my qvw file shrinked to 5 MB pretty good i belief.

Today i called IT people and they checked the condition of RAM when this " Out of Virtual or Logical memory, Allocating 2 MB" error occurs but RAM was not full at that time. Also we have increased the paging file size in C: drive to 3 GB but nothing changed.

Now this make me to think is it related to hardware someway like Pentium D class computers have little cache memory or something simmilar....

From QV side Data model is very simple, i'll attach application for communities view.

Thanks everyone.

Not applicable
Author

Jonathan,

You are right, I've seen that effect my app reduces from 35 MB to 8 MB when i removed all outer joins and used qlikview's default linking style, which incresed no of tables .So is it like that more no of tables means more no of relations and thus qlikview will be little slow whenever selections are made on front end because Qlikview has to traverse all the relations.