Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Store qvd file issue

hi,

I have some issue in saving part of my data in qvd files. Basically I am trying to use something like this:

//

dan:
load * inline
[
numero, DA,rate
1,Goldorak,good
2,Candy,bad
3,DBZ,good
4,DBGT,bad
4,Booba,good
5,Nicky Larsson,good
6,Bugs Bunny,good
7,Captain Flam,good
8,Albator, good,
9,Avatar ANG,good
10,Avatar Kora,bad
]
;
dan2:
NoConcatenate
load *
resident dan
where rate='bad';

store dan2 into ;

DROP Table dan2;

//

this example runs perfectly, but the exact same based on real data doesn't work for reasons I don't get: everything is processed and I am ending with the message: "excecution of script failed. Reload old data?" I unsuccessfully tried the solution in General Script Error storing a QVD; so can you please help me with some explicit exemple. Thanks. Pierre

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Dear all,

Sorry for having disturbed with my issue: I reviewed more than 10 times but It was a damned typo error. there were no locked file inexisting directory or anything like that.

Now, if I mistype a column name of a qliktable, I'll get an error like "field not found", so I know exactly where I have to go to make the correction. Is it possible to get a specific message where he code is referring to a directory that doesn't exist ?

Regards,

Pierre

View solution in original post

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try

store dan2 into (qvd);

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Pierre,

you have missed the (qvd) off after .qvd]

HTH Andy

Not applicable
Author

Swuehl, Andrew,

the code above runs perfectly even without the (qvd); I unfortunately can't publish what doesn't work because these are professional data. But how do we deal with such issue (not being able to store a qvd file) when it ever happened to you ?

avinashelite

can you please share the real time data script ?? that would help us in tracing the issue

swuehl
MVP
MVP

What's the difference between your two settings except the data source? Are you trying to store to a different location? If the location is not accessible (e.g. read-only) by the user that runs the script, you will get the same error.

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Pierre,

are You sure exists Directory C:\Examples ?

(qvd) is default.

Regards,

Antonio

Kushal_Chawda

Is the directory really exists "C:\Examples\"? check if it is available or not

Not applicable
Author

sounds like it could be file locking, does the QVD already exist and you are trying to replace it? Rename/Delete the QVD or check Windows computer management for open files.

hope that helps

Joe

Not applicable
Author

Dear all,

Sorry for having disturbed with my issue: I reviewed more than 10 times but It was a damned typo error. there were no locked file inexisting directory or anything like that.

Now, if I mistype a column name of a qliktable, I'll get an error like "field not found", so I know exactly where I have to go to make the correction. Is it possible to get a specific message where he code is referring to a directory that doesn't exist ?

Regards,

Pierre