Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prma7799
Master III
Master III

issue with straight table

Hi All,

I have one straight table and it has almost 20 expression and 6 dimension previously in that have cyclic group for all dimension but my client requirement is they don't want cyclic group instead of that they want buttons for that table.

so i removed that group and create 6 button for all dimension and put hide and show formula on that.

but problem is that when i am doing dimension limit 20 for each dimension then i get error "allocated memory exceeded".

Now i want to remove that error and want top 20 reorcds from all dimension.

Is it possible in straight table ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You might be better off creating 6 tables and using a conditional show based on the user's button click. Non-visible tables are not calculated, so you might get better performance with that option.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post a qlikview document that demonstrates the problem?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
avinashelite

yes , its possible. Are you using calculated dimensions? if so try to push those to script because this kind of error occurs when qlikview has to perform lot of calculation in the front end. And check whether the columns are all linked i.e you have not included any orphan columns

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You might be better off creating 6 tables and using a conditional show based on the user's button click. Non-visible tables are not calculated, so you might get better performance with that option.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Yes, You can use Calculated Dimensions Like

Aggr(If(Rank(Sum(Value) <=20),Dim1),Dim1)

But, in this case You have Dimensions Hide/Show.

Regards,

Antonio

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for reply So your opinion is that, I have to create 6 chart individual  and give them hide n show condition. right?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's what i would try Just clone the original table 6 times and clean up the extra dimensions and set the show condition.