Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView API problem

Hi

Does anyone know where to find the API to get a user's statement (whether the user is watching a qvw or not,and the name of the qvw) in QlikView's APIs?

I was trying to use the lastused funtion,but it doesn't work well.

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Within the server are various loggings available for example session- and audit-logging which could be load in a qvw. There are many examples here in the community. You could start with these one:

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/technicalbulletin/2013/12/05/qlikview-governance-dashboard-11-availa...

Governance Materials.zip

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alexander,

you have to use the QMS-API.

There are a method called GetQVSDocumentsAndUsers -> returned the documents and connected users.

This data available at QMC as well.

How to work with QMS-API -> QlikView Management API - Getting Started and Examples

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Actually I'm working with QMS API, thank you for your response,I'll test and verify if that's exactly what I want.

Is there a QMS API can return whether a assigned namecal is in use(active)  like the personal API in QlikSense Proxy API?

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Marcus, I know Governance, but this is not what I want.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alexander,

I don't have experience in the QlikSense Proxy API up to now. But sound like i have to check it out .

But on the other hand i think i can help you with you question about the namedcal stuff.

just have a look to that.

var config = backendClient.GetCALConfiguration(server.ID, CALConfigurationScope.NamedCALs);

and on the Object ->  config.NamedCALs.AssignedCALs there should be a method called LastUsed.

That should return that last used date...

Is use that function to remove unused namedCals.

Regards

Michael