Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to find the average of sales by Year, Quarter, Month excluding the Years/Quarters/Month that have "0" sales amount?

I have a Bar Chart which contains one Measure ( SUM(SalesAMount) ) and one "drill down hierarchy" Dimension called "Date" which has (Year>Quarter>Month). I want to add a reference line which acts a Average of all sales.

Now I need it in such a way that when I go down the hierarchy, it should give that corresponding Average. Additionally there are some years that have zero SalesAmount. I do not wish to have them included in my average.For example : If I press Year, then the reference line should be "Average of all sales by Year" & it should not include the years that have "0" SalesAmount. Now when I press on the Quarter, then the reference line should be "Average of all sales by Quarter" & so on.

Below is what my Chart looks like now. I have presently manipulated the Reference line expression.

88.png

I will be really grateful, if anybody could help me with this as soon as they can. Thank you.

Regards,
Leroy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this using set analysis

For Year:

=Sum(SalesAmount) / Count({<SalesAmount={'>0'}>} DISTINCT Year)

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Leroy,

Attached is a really simple example which may do what you want.  It has some very basic scripts for aggregations to Quarters and YTD as well as a reference line that updates as you move through the data sets.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Rod

Not applicable
Author

Hey Rod,

Thanks for the file. I checked it. Then screenshot is as below. But isn't average supposed to be > [("SalesAmount in 2013" + "SalesAmount in 2014") / 2 ]. If so then the value $522.17 looks way less compared to what the average is supposed to be. Looking at the graph, shouldn't it be somewhere close to $6k. Can you please explain me that. Thank you Rod. Appreciate your help.

89.PNG

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this using set analysis

For Year:

=Sum(SalesAmount) / Count({<SalesAmount={'>0'}>} DISTINCT Year)

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Jagan,

Thanks...That worked beautifully. But it only did for Year. What can I do for Quarter and Month? Should I add another reference line or something?

Please help. Thanks again

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

For Month:

=Sum(SalesAmount) / Count({<SalesAmount={'>0'}>} DISTINCT Month)

For Quarter:

=Sum(SalesAmount) / Count({<SalesAmount={'>0'}>} DISTINCT Quarter)

There is no GetCurrentField() in Qliksense, so it is diffcult to do this dynamically.

http://help.qlik.com/sense/1.1/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/QlikViewFunctionsSt...

Not applicable
Author

So do I have to add in two other reference line and point them to Month & Quarter respectively? Is there no other option?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Not sure in Qliksense. 

Not applicable
Author

Hi Leroy,

Thanks, it was a quick sample so no real logic (or checking by me) hence the Average was just a simple calculation to show it changing.

I think Jagan has covered other options really well as to how you can expand the logic to do what you want.

In terms of workarounds for testing which dimensions is active in the drilldown the following article may give you some ideas: QLIK SENSE: $(=GetCurrentField(Time))

Kind regards,

Rod