Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

"The document xxx.qvw failed to load." How to repair my QVW file?

After once "memory-out" issue, I forced to save this file. Now when I open it, it will show me "The document xxx.qvw failed to load."

How to repair it? The macro script of it is very important to me.

28 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Point one worked for me!

Also ... I'm using the TFS integration plugin and I it helped to remove the -prj folder once you could open the app (without removing it, some items (99% of the app) were missing).

HTH

marksmunich
Creator III
Creator III

Thanks Erich. It worked without data.

Not applicable
Author

We couldn't open the document without data, the same message appears, and we dont have prj folder,,

Do you have any idea what else we could try?

marksmunich
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Avi,

Refer to this post. I have created a document to recover the corrupted qlikview files.

Recovering A QlikView Document

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mark,

but we cant open the document without data- the same message ("The document xxx.qvw failed to load.") appears

marksmunich
Creator III
Creator III

In Normal case it should open the document with out data. did you open it from recent items in the Qlikview tool. Why dont you take a look at the second method to recover the document. Take a look at my document. In this case you will loose the variables if they are directly created in variables  in settings menu.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

There are times when the recovery will not work and the QVW is lost. Should always have a backup copy of your work..

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

sorry, i didnt notice there were two methods, i thought of doing it after opening the document without data

I'll try the second one

thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this post save a month of work. thanks thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks

marksmunich
Creator III
Creator III

Here is a document which i have created , it describes how to repair the qvw's.

Recovering A QlikView Document