Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

For Each File in Filelist - FTP load is not working?

Dear Community,

I am trying to load the .xlsx file directly from ftp server,

and i would like to use "for each" function to select the latest file in that folder,

but this function is not working, anyone could help?

script:

For each File in filelist ('[ftp://testftpname:Password@ftpaddress.com/test_*.xlsx]');Password@ftpaddress.com/test_*.xlsx]');

PS: It is working fine when i am using load from [ftp://testftpname:Password@ftpaddress.com/test_*.xlsxPassword@ftpaddress.com/test_*.xlsx]

Thanks and best regards,

Chanel

24 Replies
marcus_sommer

Like above mentioned there aren't any possibilties to use file-functions with the ftp-protocoll - you could only use a batch-statement (see example above) to copy the files to a storage in your network.

- Marcus

qlikhalmar
Creator
Creator

Marcus,

but i want to use Amitava's script. That works fine when the files are in the root, but not in a deeper folder...

Halmar

marcus_sommer

Then you need to add the folder static or within the field F4 so that you get the following:

FROM
[ftp://username: pass%40word@kolkataivf.net/YourFolder/$(vFile)]

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

HI, is it possible to copy files from ftp this way but my files does not have any extension....?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you know for sure what the file type is of every file present in the web folder, then yes you can copy files. Because QlikView copies stuff by first reading it into a table and then storing that table to an external file.

If you don't know the file type, there are better tools than QlikView to copy (web/ftp) files that don't really care about what you are trying to copy.

Peter