Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Join of tables

I am trying to combine the above tables.Whats the best way to do this?

Brief background of the data in the tables:

1.Some rows are present in the both tables which needs to be merged

2.Rows present in table 1 will or will not be present in the table 2 and vice-versa which should be retained.

3.If a row is present in por_order_extract which is there in the pp_ewallet_transaction ,a column in the pp_ewallet_transaction table indicates the presence of the row in the other table(column name:order_uuid)

4.some of the columns like date,app_name,app_partner ,reference_id are present in both the tables.

6 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can't see the image because it's too small. Please attach image in the second tab 'Options' when you reply.

Not applicable
Author

Karl,

I have attached the datamodel document .can you please take a look at it

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

According to point 1, you'll need to do a join and according to point 2 you'll need to do an outer join. The key between the 2 tables will be order_uuid so that will be the only column that has the same name between the 2 tables and the other fields like date, app_name, app_partner, reference_id should have different names in one of the tables, so that they won't be considered keys.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

I want the names of the other columns also to be same as I want to link date ,app_partner to other tables.

Yesterday I Join the two tables with OuterJoin without using the Qualifier,it produced the result what I want for sample set of records,but I am not sure whether I am doing it correctly or not.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry the result is not what I wanted.

Can you please say way to join the tables with only order_uuid and the other column names should be present

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Do rows that share the same order_uuid have the same value in date and app_partner? If not, they will not be joined and should be treated differently as separate data. If the values are the same then you can use them in the join.

I don't know what the goal of the data model is, but I think you might want to do something that I sometimes do for invoices and payments. First, I'll concatenate the 2 tables in a transactions table so they share the same date, customer o supplier filters, but then I'll also do a join between the 2 tables to match the invoice with its corresponding payment(s). All I need to do that is join the payment id or id's in the invoice document tables with the payment id or id's in the payment document table to create a column in the invoice table with the a sum of what has been paid until that date.

What kind of information do you want to get out of your data model?