Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlik sense mac

Hello,

I want to install to mac Qlik sense how?

knowing that the app I already an old pc with windows .qvf extension

What to do?

Translated with Google Translate - Qlik Community Administrative Team

Bonjour,

Je veux installer qlik sense pour mac comment faire ?

sachant que jai déjà des appli d'un ancien pc windows avec l'extension .qvf

Que faire?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi nour,

Microsoft does have trial licences for some versions so you could experiment with this first eg install VMware Fusion and then download a trial Windows ISO from Microsoft and use that to build the virtual machine.

Hope this helps.

Rod

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Qlik Sense Desktop will not run on a Mac. It will only run on a 64 Bit Windows.

Operating System

Windows 7, Windows 8.x

Processor

Intel Core 2 Duo or higher recommended

Memory

4 GB minimum. Depending on data volumes more memory may be required.1

Disk Space

500 MB total required to install

.NET Framework

Security

Local admin privileges to install

Not applicable
Author

Complementing Andy's answer, what you could do is to install a virtual machine on your Mac OS with a compatible version of Windows and put Qlik Sense on it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi nour,

I would recommend using VMware Fusion.  This allows you to create a Windows virtual machine that will run Qlik Sense.  VMware Fusion offers a free trial so you can test it out.  Best bit for me is that it has a feature called Unity which allows reasonably seamless integration with the OS X interface meaning I can drag Excel files from OS X into Qlk Sense.

I have a MacBook Pro running this configuration and it is brilliant, performance is similar to my Lenovo ThinkPad.

Note you will also need a Windows licence key.

Hope this helps.

Rod

Not applicable
Author

Et si j'installe la machine virtuelle j'aurais dans tous les cas besoin d'une licence de windows ?

Est -ce que je peux installer sur cette machine une licence craqué?

Not applicable
Author

Hi nour,

Microsoft does have trial licences for some versions so you could experiment with this first eg install VMware Fusion and then download a trial Windows ISO from Microsoft and use that to build the virtual machine.

Hope this helps.

Rod

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Google Translate:

Bonjour Nour , en plus des grandes réponses fournies - vous pouvez être intéressé à essayer Qlik Sense Cloud - qui ne nécessite un navigateur HTML5 . Par conséquent, vous pouvez essayer toutes les capacités Qlik sens sans Windows. Cependant, vous aurez besoin de télécharger vos données à l' Qlik Sense Cloud. il ne supporte que les données du fichier pour le moment.

S'il vous plaît marquer les réponses appropriées CORRECT / UTILE afin que notre équipe et les autres membres savent que votre question (s ) a été répondu à votre satisfaction .

Qlik Sense Cloud - Create and Share Update (video)

Cordialement,

Mike T

Qlik

-------------------------------

Hello Nour, in addition to the great answers provided - you may be interested in trying Qlik Sense Cloud - which only requires an HTML5 browser. Therefore you can try all of Qlik Sense capabilities without Windows. However, you will need to upload your data to the Qlik Sense Cloud. it only supports file data at the moment.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Merci pour votre réponse.

J'ai essayé d'utiliser qlik sense Cloud mais j'arrive pas à ajouter mes propres applications avec l'extension .qvf

Est-ce que c'est possible de le faire?

Merci

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Vous avez raison , les extensions ne sont pas pris en charge avec Qlik Sense Couverture pour le moment. Merci pour votre réponse.

Mike 🙂

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik