Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding dimension measures to variables in an excel report template?

Is it possible to add dimension measure to variables in an excel report template?

For example, I have created a formula for sales $, ASP, Sales PY, Units, Units PY .. etc. I have also added a filter so that it will only show specific products in the calculation of the formula. What this displays is the totals for each formula for the products I have added to the filter. What I am trying to do however is add a dimension measure for territories into the template so that the report will display the formulas I have inputted, for each territory, with the filter of the product on top of that.

Essentially I am trying to recreate an adhoc report in the excel report template. I am new to Nprint and this is how I have gone about trying to create a template. If there is a different solutions could some please lead me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Kyle

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Kyle

I am not sure I understand but I will give it a shot.  If you want your formulas to be based on the territory for example, you can add the territory dimension as either a page break or a level in the excel tempale.

If it is added as a page, you will then get a seperate tab in the Excel report for each territory

If you add as a level, your formalas would repeat for each level, which is based on terrotory

Some articles that may help you are

How to Use the Page Feature in Excel and PowerPoint Report Templates – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

How to Create One or More Levels in Excel Reports – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Not applicable
Author

As Adam noted, use "Page" or "Level" to create a worksheet or section for each value of a dimension.

If you want to create a section for each value of multiple dimensions then in Excel you must use a level (Country + Year would render something like France - 2000; France - 2001... Germany - 2000; Germany - 2001...).

In PowerPoint, you can use Page to create a slide for every value of a single or multiple dimensions.

All of these techniques will show all values of the dimension you are using unless you use a separate filter to remove those values you don't want to show.

This can only be done vertically (up and down a page), not horizontally (across the rows of a page).