Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Application Completely Cleared of Script & UI

Has anyone experienced this issue:

I was uploading an app on the qlikview server and when trying to save it to the App folder, I got quite a few warnings that the disk was full so I abandoned the save process and logged out of the server and reported the issue to IT.

They fixed the issue and rebooted the server.  When I went back to open the original application (that appeared to not have saved) it was completely empty... no script, no UI!  I have never experienced this before.  No one updated it. 

I checked the app log  and it was empty so that is when I opened the blank application.

I then checked the QMC task logs and from about 3 PM (when it appears they rebooted the server) till midnight it had one line re: failure to find "tasklog file"

Then at Midnight this new error started so for some reason it must have found the tasklog file but IT confirmed nothing happened on the server at that time:

"...(2015-07-29 00:12:59) Information: The document was loaded successfully.

(2015-07-29 00:12:59) Error: Document open failed

(2015-07-29 00:13:00) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=23048

(2015-07-29 00:13:00) Information: Failed to check in document: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\Apps\Planning.qvw

(2015-07-29 00:13:00) Error: The task "Apps/Planning.qvw" failed. Exception:..."

How could a QVW be completely wiped out?  Luckily I had a backup from the day before but this concerns me.  The server is not set on an automatic daily backup (hopefully it soon will)

FYI:  Qlikserver 11 SBE no publisher

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am wondering if the app was cleared when I attempted to save it and got the error that disk was full?  Could it have been actually saved and corrupted?

If not, then the only other possibility is that the QMC did it.  This is an app that is the last in line of a tiered schedule. All the tasks prior ran successfully, only this one that I was trying to save failed.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

This is a bug that will delete the QVW at times. This is fixed in 11.20 SR12 with a patch.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi bbt

What happened if we have no backup?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

You could try a file undelete program to see if it can recover an old version.

Not preaching, but you should have a backup of all the important QVW. You don't have to save them with the data, but you some have a copy.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

It left the qvw but it was cleared of script and UI

How is that possible?

Sent from my iPhone

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This normally happens if you are using publisher and your source folder and distribution folder is the same.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Bill

They do not have publisher

Sent from my iPhone