Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to made Calculation on Pivot Table?

Dear Expert,

Can I make Calculation on Pivot Table? Let me explain the process.

In this table, Firstly, I would like to get Total Buying Amount and Total Selling Amount for all date. So, I made a pivot table that have two expression is 1) sum(Buying Amount) 2) sum(Selling Amount) against ID. After that I would like to get Closing Balance for each ID. for exp, Closing balance for 111 is 900 , It can get in original table easily but I would like to know how to calculate it on Pivot table?

Best Regards,

Kyaw Myo Tun

26 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Dear settu,

I made a mistake again in my excel file about "Opening Amount". Here is the correct excel file. I apologize again for my mistake.

Best Regards,

Kyaw Myo Tun

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Can you tell, Which dimensions you want to show in the Table,

ID, Date, Name?

Digvijay_Singh

It seems you want your calculation against ID dimension only, is this correct?

174499.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Dear Experts,

Sorry for late reply. Yes, I only want to calculate on Id but I have to consider on Date because some Ids did not start from 01.06.2015. What is the best way to calculate for getting Closing Amount on pivot table? Kindly to see below.

Best Regards,

Kyaw Myo Tun

Not applicable
Author

Dear Experts,

Sorry for late reply. Yes, I only want to calculate on Id but I have to consider on Date because some Ids did not start from 01.06.2015. What is the best way to calculate for getting Closing Amount on pivot table? Kindly to see below.

Best Regards,

Kyaw Myo Tun

Kushal_Chawda

How you are calculating closing amounts in Blue?Please  Explain the logic

Not applicable
Author

Dear Kush,

It is sample and the closing amounts based on each Id. But, one thing to notice is each Id may start from different date.for exp, Id-113 start from 02.06.2015 and you will see the Opening amount. The calculation for closing amount is (Opening Amount + Selling Amount - Buying Amount). I noticed that I need to keep each Id's Opening Amount and make calculation on each Id like([Opening Amount for an ID]+ aggr(sum([Selling Amount])- aggr(sum([Buying Amount]). Another one is, I've done other calculation on pivot tabla(such as [Total Buying Amount] and [Total Selling Amount].But I don't know how to do it.

Best Regards,

Kyaw Myo Tun