cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edwinwitvoet
Contributor III
Contributor III

'App is not enabled' - error after upgrade to Qlik Sense SR 2.0.2

After upgrade to Qlik Sense SR 2.0.2 several app's failed loading with error 'App is not enabled'.

The apps are enabled actually.

I tried disabling and enabling the apps, which did not solve the problem.

qmc-screenshot.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
edwinwitvoet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Turned out to be that some apps where not 'migrated'. Manually migrating them solved the problem

View solution in original post

3 Replies
edwinwitvoet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Turned out to be that some apps where not 'migrated'. Manually migrating them solved the problem

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

This also happened to me.  Does anyone know why you must manually "migrate" apps after an upgrade?  Why doesn't the upgrade process do this?  What is "migrating" actually doing when you click the button?  It appears that the "migrate" button is only there sometimes (only after an upgrade?), and right now I don't see it.

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Gary,

the expectation is that you should not have to manually migrate apps. Unfortunately we have seen this happening sometimes and we are working already on making the App migration process even more robust here. The manual migrate button will only exist as long as you have none migrated apps listed in your QMC. Then it will disappear. During the migration itself we are taking care of changing the app structure in a way that it can be used in your new version as well. It is the same when you go backwards to a previous version. The service who is actually taking care of the App Migration as one of his tasks to handle, is called "QlikSenseServiceDispatcher".

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform