Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New to QlikView - Are Formatted Reports doable?

I am new to QlikView, but am a seasoned programmer analyst and systems architect.

I understand QlikView is a wonderful charting tool, and the data discovery capabilities are so powerful!

I know how to build these...

However, there is always a need for formatted reports (beyond charts), such as one might author in Crystal Reports or SSRS.

I am not talking about Excel pivot exports, rather a heavily formatted report one might need for Finance.

Or perhaps an indented Bill of Material for Manufacturing.

Please offer your thoughts.

Thanks,

Jeff Keryk

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

Jeff -

Marcus is correct, you want to check out QlikView NPrinting where you can use QlikView data to create Microsoft Office, HTML and PixelPerfect reports. Here is a description from the Qlik products page: http://www.qlik.com/us/explore/products/qlikview/nprinting

Specific to your requirements, the PixelPerfect editor is what you would need. This gives you precision control to format down to the individual cell within a report. You can find more information about PixelPerfect reports here: PixelPerfect Reports – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Please see the following post for information around training materials: NPrinting Training Material

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vikasmahajan

You can refer following demo site where you will get lot of samples for study

Qlik Demos: See QlikView in Action | Demo.Qlik.Com

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
marcus_sommer

There is a report-editor available within qlikview but the handling is poor and if you want to create multiple high-quality reports you should look to tools like NPrinting which is meanwhile part from the qlik environment. I think you will find here QlikView NPrinting everything what you need.

- Marcus

Stephen_Jasionowski

Jeff -

Marcus is correct, you want to check out QlikView NPrinting where you can use QlikView data to create Microsoft Office, HTML and PixelPerfect reports. Here is a description from the Qlik products page: http://www.qlik.com/us/explore/products/qlikview/nprinting

Specific to your requirements, the PixelPerfect editor is what you would need. This gives you precision control to format down to the individual cell within a report. You can find more information about PixelPerfect reports here: PixelPerfect Reports – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Please see the following post for information around training materials: NPrinting Training Material