Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Filters

If i have a table, that has 3 fields in, Computer Name, Installation Data and Group Name, how can i filter the table to show a count of installations by computer name, by group ?

I can build my table to show count by computer name, but i need to filter this by a certain group name,so how would i filter the table below to only show Group A entries?

I tried adapting Brian's set analysis expression from https://community.qlik.com/message/834250?et=watches.email.thread#834250 for this but didn't work.

Thanks

example:

Computer Name               Installation Date               Group Name
TGF-098                              12/04/2015                    Group A

TGF-093                              12/04/2015                    Group A

TGF-012                             12/04/2015                    Group B

TGF-011                              12/04/2015                    Group C

TGF-087                              12/04/2015                    Group B

TGF-014                             12/04/2015                    Group D

5 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul, thanks for your participation in the Qlik Community.

I branched this to a new discussion thread. Our members will review.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
brian_booden
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Paul,

In this case, just add another clause to your set analysis expression.  For example:

Count({$<[Priority Id]={1}, [Group Name]={'Group A'}>}[Task Number])

Note that if you are doing a text comparison, you must enclose the evaluated expression in single quotes.  For a numeric comparison, no quotes are needed.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Brian

Not applicable
Author

Brian, As always thankyou for the prompt replies and help.

how would i just set a very simple filter on the table to just show anything related to Group A, i don't need a count function or anything just filter the table to show anything relating to Group A?

Thanks

brian_booden
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Paul,

In this case, you don't necessarily need set analysis.

Just drag the field Group Name onto the canvas and a filter pane will be created.  Then just select, Group A.

It's that easy...i think

Does that make sense?

filterpane.png

Regards,

Brian

Not applicable
Author

Brian, that makse perfect sense, and it does work, the only problem is users can still change the filter if they want to, and the filter is visible, i need to add a filter so that ONLY group A entries show in the table, the rest are hidden and the user cannot alter this. (but i don't want to filter other groups out at load time so this isn't an option to ONLY bring in Group A data)

Any ideas?