Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praveen1108
Creator
Creator

Data Load based on User Logged In to Qliksense Hub

Hello Friends,

I want to load data every time some user log in to the Qliksense Hub.

Is it possible ?If Yes ,How to do that?

Regards,

PK

3 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Instead of loading data every time a user access the system you can have a single application with all the data in it and reduce the available data in that app based on some rules, we call that section access.

You can read more about it here, https://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/online/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/Security/manage-securi...

praveen1108
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Alexander,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have Users,Groups,userGroups,UserRoles,Roles SQL tables and User acces to specific regions are mapped in these tables and i would like to write a section access to restrict my users based on the table entries in groups table.

Can some one please help me with some sample syntax which shows how to load user tables in qlik along with SECTION ACCESS and restrict my users from Active Directory and the User will be in this format Domain\username.

I would really appreciate for this help!

Regards,

PK

praveen1108
Creator
Creator
Author

I think i am good to write section access and now i have one more question?

Lets say in my Active Directory if i have 50 Users and when iam specifying just 2 users in my section access like below example so still other 48 users can see all the regions(currently i have 7 regions) that i have in my db..how to take care of that?

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS,NTNAME,REGION

ADMIN,JENNJ,*

USER,JOSHP,CHINA

];