Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linking the Calender with my Data

Dear Community,

I have been struggling with this connecting my data and my calender for a few weeks now.

What makes the calender take only parts of the data instead of all of the dates?

What do I need to do in my script in order for these tables to align with each other?

Please help!

The Calender object on the QVW below is associated with [Create Date]

[Create Date] is associated with the list of request numbers, names for that request, and another date.

If you choose a calender selection (2015), it will pull up dates associated, but will not find other information.

If you choose a Request ID, it will align with the user name and dates, but nothing on the calender object.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

try this

floor function remove the time part of the date and date function format the date

LOAD

date(floor(date_time)) as DateWithoutTime

;

SQL SELECT

dat_data as date_time          // dat_data is a datetime

FROM asqlservertable

;

Get the Dates Right

QlikView Date fields

View solution in original post

4 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

do you need the time in the create date?

the problem is the datetime ARRequestList and MasterCalendar doesn't match

why doesn't match?

because you calculate the min Create Date from ARRequestList 4/12/2006 7:02:55 AM

and generate the calendar from this, all days with the same time 7:02:55 but in your ARRequestList table the time is different and the association often doesn't work

I suggest to only use the date part in your Create Date (if possible with your requirement)

1.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Massimo,

I do not need the time in create date.

I've been researching more on SQL server code and trying to figure out how to use only the date.

May I ask for an example or a function that could isolate the date regardless of time?

Thanks in advance!

maxgro
MVP
MVP

try this

floor function remove the time part of the date and date function format the date

LOAD

date(floor(date_time)) as DateWithoutTime

;

SQL SELECT

dat_data as date_time          // dat_data is a datetime

FROM asqlservertable

;

Get the Dates Right

QlikView Date fields

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! This did the trick!