Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error while accessing Single

Hi,

I am having sporadic error while accessing Single. It works sometime but most of time I get blank page and when I check browser console, I see the attached error.

When I checked the logs here is what I could get,

Error during stream authentication as serverAuthentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream

Web socket host443 <-> host:53934 failed while reading packets.

Can anyone point me to right direction. I am not able to figure out what is wrong here. When I refresh the page couple of time, it starts working. by the way I am using SAML authentication.

7 Replies
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi vishal,

are you trying to use an Idp or SP initiated SSO by using SAML ? Would be great to get a couple of more details around what you are trying to do here.

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Thomas,

Yes I am using SP initiated SSO using SAML. I have embedded qlik sense sheet using an iframe in my external portal. My portal and qlik both acts as SP and participate in SSO. On the landing page of portal I have redirected user to qlik and then back to portal so that all required cookies are set for portal and qlik sense.

I see this issue even when I directly go to Single through my virtual proxy which usage SAML.

UPDATE :  This happens even if I use windows authentication, If require js and single js gets loaded within 10 to 12 sec , it works fine but in the  errornous situation, single js take almost 20 sec to load.

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

just to make sure, when you are using the basic url which should be htps://yourserver/virtualproxyprefix/hub how does that work ?

in more technical words, this is what should happen then:

SP_init_sso.jpg

Thomas Hopp
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes exactly this is the flow and this is what is happening.

Also as I said I see this issue in default proxy as well when using windows authentication. If I go to /single and refresh browser there are chances that it works sometime. In the log I see the same thing I mentioned in the original post.

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

can you try it by only using http ? not using https ... just to see if there is a difference

allow_http.jpg

Thomas Hopp
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried this as well and the problem still persist. Could it be a case of snatching session ? It is possible that multiple users are sharing the user id and when someone refresh the browser it tries to create a login with the new client and  then tries to fetch JS which takes a lot of time and hence gives load timeout.

The logs says "Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream".

I am just thinking aloud.

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

It looks like that we would have to investigate more into this. I would kindly ask you to open a support ticket for it. Never the less, I will try to figure out more details as well.

Have a good weekend and best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp