Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selecting individual items in treemap

Hello everyone,

I created a treemap colored by different dimensions and whenever I select a specific box (or item), it selects the whole category. I have to go through each categories by double clicking or hitting the green check box multiple times to get to that specific item.

Is it possible to select individual items with the first click?

12 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I tried this myself and have the same experience when using multiple dimensions its the way it works.  to resolve this for me I split into separate heat maps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy, could you elaborate more on splitting into separating heat maps?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I used the same space I had for the consolidated view and in my case I split the categories into 4 separate heat maps.

In my case I had Activities that were segmented by Country, Vertical Market, Product Type and Audience.  Rather than having them in one table in my data model I split them into their own separate dimensions around the activity dimension.  Removing the extra click.  It also made my report more useful as I could filter on one of the heat maps and the others adjusted around activity.

Regards

Andy

Not applicable
Author

This seems like a great idea! Thank you for sharing.

My dataset includes, accounts, closing dates (yyyy-mm-dd), stages, and other details followed by them. I made a treemap grouped by month and colored by stages. If I want to try to create a new map using your approach, would I have to create separate dimensions for different months or is there a way to do so by using expression?

Thank you!

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

You could probably explore something we call set analysis in Qlik.
For example, Sum({<Stages = {"Stage 1"} >} Value) would sum value over your dimension but only for records that are associated with the value Stage 1 in the field Stages.

You can find more information about set analysis in the Qlik Sense help documentation and also lots of great examples by Henric Cronstrom in the Qlik Design Blog here on Community.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

My approach worked because I had a small fixed set of segmentation criteria.  Month might not work so well as I'm assuming you would need 12 tree maps to visualise that way.

Perhaps make the time period a filter and then create maps for each stage in the process assuming there aren't that many.  Stage 1, Stage 2 etc... then you can place your accounts in them and measure them on size either revenue, costs, time etc... If its project for accounts you are managing perhaps colour on the status of them  It would be good to know what you are trying to achieve to assist more.

Please mark any replies you have found helpful/correct

Regards

Andy 

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alexander,

I'm using this expression below but it says 'error in expression.' What am I doing wrong?!

[DESC:Stage]

=Sum({$<DESC:Stage =P({1<DESC:Stage={'1_Identified Opportunity'}>}Opportunities Name)>}amount)

I'm trying to return the opportunities name with one of the stages ('1_identified opportunity') out of DESC:Stage...

DESC:Stage, Opporutnities name and amount are all dimensions and 1_identified opportunity is one category of the stage.

Not applicable
Author

Try this:

=Sum({$<[DESC:Stage]=P({1<[DESC:Stage]={'1_Identified Opportunity'}>} [Opportunities Name])>} amount)

The error I see is that you forgot to enclose the Field names with "[" and "]" when you use blanks or special characters in them.

Not applicable
Author

I see the error in bad field name: amount...?