Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to: Average line based on expression values

Dear Qlikviewers,

I've been playing arround with this chart, in which I now want to create an average line based on the blue and red line. Or on Operator dimension in general. If I would have 3 operators selected, then give the average line of those 3 operators.

I know how to create a straight average line, but I want it to vary with every week. So the average should be based on the expresion.

Should I define this line by adding a new expression? If so how do I do this?

benchmark.png

Regards, looking forward to some tips!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use only UtilizationWeek as dimension and three expressions:

• O: sum({<operator={'O'}>}daily_cycles)
  • T: sum({<operator={'T'}>}daily_cycles)
  • Average: rangeavg(sum({<operator={'O'}>}daily_cycles),sum({<operator={'T'}>}daily_cycles))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use only UtilizationWeek as dimension and three expressions:

• O: sum({<operator={'O'}>}daily_cycles)
  • T: sum({<operator={'T'}>}daily_cycles)
  • Average: rangeavg(sum({<operator={'O'}>}daily_cycles),sum({<operator={'T'}>}daily_cycles))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Remove Operator Dimension and add 3 expressions below

For Operator O : Sum({<operator={'O'}>} daily_cycles)

For Operator T : Sum({<operator={'O'}>} daily_cycles)

For Average of O & T : =Rangesum(Column(1) + Column(2))/2

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Your input, both seem to work very nicely! This is exactly what I was looking for!

However is it possible in QlikView to also make make the expression act in a dynamic way. What I'm trying to say, This newly defined expression is fixed to the specified operator.

If I would select another operator in the list box, the graph will still show the specified operators O and T. That is why I put the operator in dimension.

The addon Im looking for is something like:

• =If(GetCurrentField(operator) = 'O', Sum({<operator={'O'}>} daily_cycles))

(this expresion however does not work)

In words, the expression should: Generate a line based on the selected operator AND should match operator O. So if no operator 'O' is selected it just doesn't show a line. If this is possible I would now be able to make different selections for operators in a listbox, while using the same graph which just changes based on the selected operators.

I this case I should make this expression for every operator available, which is ok. Is this possible?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try

• =If(GetFieldSelections(operator) = 'O', Sum({<operator={'O'}>} daily_cycles))

Regards,

Jagan.