Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to: Average line based on expression values

Dear Qlikviewers,

I've been playing arround with this chart, in which I now want to create an average line based on the blue and red line. Or on Operator dimension in general. If I would have 3 operators selected, then give the average line of those 3 operators.

I know how to create a straight average line, but I want it to vary with every week. So the average should be based on the expresion.

Should I define this line by adding a new expression? If so how do I do this?

benchmark.png

Regards, looking forward to some tips!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use only UtilizationWeek as dimension and three expressions:

• O: sum({<operator={'O'}>}daily_cycles)
  • T: sum({<operator={'T'}>}daily_cycles)
  • Average: rangeavg(sum({<operator={'O'}>}daily_cycles),sum({<operator={'T'}>}daily_cycles))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use only UtilizationWeek as dimension and three expressions:

• O: sum({<operator={'O'}>}daily_cycles)
  • T: sum({<operator={'T'}>}daily_cycles)
  • Average: rangeavg(sum({<operator={'O'}>}daily_cycles),sum({<operator={'T'}>}daily_cycles))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Remove Operator Dimension and add 3 expressions below

For Operator O : Sum({<operator={'O'}>} daily_cycles)

For Operator T : Sum({<operator={'O'}>} daily_cycles)

For Average of O & T : =Rangesum(Column(1) + Column(2))/2

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Your input, both seem to work very nicely! This is exactly what I was looking for!

However is it possible in QlikView to also make make the expression act in a dynamic way. What I'm trying to say, This newly defined expression is fixed to the specified operator.

If I would select another operator in the list box, the graph will still show the specified operators O and T. That is why I put the operator in dimension.

The addon Im looking for is something like:

• =If(GetCurrentField(operator) = 'O', Sum({<operator={'O'}>} daily_cycles))

(this expresion however does not work)

In words, the expression should: Generate a line based on the selected operator AND should match operator O. So if no operator 'O' is selected it just doesn't show a line. If this is possible I would now be able to make different selections for operators in a listbox, while using the same graph which just changes based on the selected operators.

I this case I should make this expression for every operator available, which is ok. Is this possible?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try

• =If(GetFieldSelections(operator) = 'O', Sum({<operator={'O'}>} daily_cycles))

Regards,

Jagan.