Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is Qlikview Desktop and Development Environment Different?

Hi,

I have given estimation for 3 different environments installed in 1x2 VMs (DEV,QA and PROD).But the suggestion came as 2 QVs and one test server. So the sizing came for QA and PROD and for Qlikview Desktop. Qlikview Desktop means the development Server?

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sorry,Is there any other way you were expecting Please?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

from what I read from the thread it seems the recommended way

Not applicable
Author

I was going through the best practice,

Development_Location  Desktop_Software_Required  Server_Software_Required    Notes

Locally on Desktop        QlikView Desktop                    n/a                                          Server-based

development is useful for

larger data volumes.

Remotely on Test Server  Windows Remote

Desktop Connection

Client                                     Qlikview Desktop

Here,I am bit confused having Qlikview Desktop in both in both Columns - Desktop Software required and Server Software required. Would like to know the difference.Kindly advice.

Not applicable
Author

Kindly Advise !!!