cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikSense Migration

Hi All,

I have a machineA installed QlikSense 1.0.1 (Server Version) and there already built some of QlikSense applications.

After that, I have another machineB installed QlikSense 2.0.1 (Server Version).

May I know how to migrate the QlikSense application from machineA to machineB? Any steps to follow? What should I concern?

Thankyou.

Best Regards,

Jerry

6 Replies
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Jerry,

basically what you have to do in that scenario is to export the apps out of your QMC in your 1.0.1 environment and then import them back into your 2.0.1 (there is an update/patch available for 2.0.2). They will be migrated then after you import them.

Or as another option you could of course just upgrade your 1.0.1 Server to the latest 2.0.2 version which will then take care of the App migration as well.

Another option for bringing files from one site to another is our Qlik Deployment Console. Which supports the transfer from one site to another.

Let us know how your migration works.

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply.

I have failed to import any file to the new Qlik Sense server and I’m getting the following error from the log is located in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository\System:

2.0.1.0  20150804T192154.662+0800      ERROR  STQ-QSProd01              405aed51-e2dd-480a-a0b1-2788210db52d         Command=Import app;Result=500;ResultText=Error: Server             82fb4aab-489d-4739-baaf-94c2848a753d   7a967590-fccb-4fce-b685-8ec8c5590661              0            STQ-QSPROD01         sense_system   98ffa299-852e-4cff-9b68-9fa104ae0c40              Robi_CXO dashboard POC2        Repository         ManagementAccess              /qrs/app/upload            Import app        500        Unable to connect to the remote server (HTTP code: 500)       405aed51-e2dd-480a-a0b1-2788210db52d

Any steps I need to do before I import the .qvf into QlikSense server?

Best Regards,

Jerry

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Jerry,

have you been able to create new apps in your 2.0.1 environment ? And regarding your Migration issues, do you have any logs in that folder as well: C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Logs\AppMigration\ ?

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas,

I will come back with you for the first question.

May I know the logs in that folder (C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Logs\AppMigration\ ) is auto created by QlikSense during the installation?

Best Regards,

Jerry

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

yes, the Migration folder will be automatically created when running into any app migration process.

best regards,

thomas

Thomas Hopp
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas,

Okay. Please find the attached files for the App Migration Log File. Based on the log file, I found that there have the error message 'Migration Failed'. Do you have any ideas on it?

Best Regards,

Jerry