Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Login Access Pass problems

Hi Guys! I am using Qlik Sense server 1.1 The Issue is that yesterday I created a mashup which I wanted to allow anonymous users within our AD to be able to access. It worked fine when I used the login pass rule: user name like value * (for all users). The problem was that when I created this rule the user access users were also recognized as login pass users and since many people were logging in and out it used up all the passes (1 token). This must be because of the anonymous setting. Today I tried adding, AND/OR rules and also adding a new rule to exclude my name but I still get the message that I don’t have an access pass. So the question is how to combine anonymous access for all users in the AD with a couple of user access users without running out of tokens. It only works for me to access the hub after I login at qmc. Is this the only solution for the user access users? I would really appreciate some guidance on this. Thanks!

Thanks!

Sahir Ahmed

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sahir,

Check out this short video based on what we discussed.  Video Link : 3334

If this video is helpful, please mark this discussion as helpful or answered to help others with similar questions.

Thanks,

Jeff G

Not applicable
Author

Thanks jog!

That really helped a lot. A follow up question would be, is it possible to demand login credentials for only the hub? Because what is happening now is that, in order to login as a developer I am forced to go to the QMC first. If I go to the hub directly I will first be regarded as an anonymous user until I login and then my pass is used up from my token? The developers are quite reluctant to always have to go to qmc first.

Not applicable
Author

The reason why this happens is because you have allow anonymous users turned on for your virutal proxy.

jh

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jeff,

Is that the way it works for everyone with anonymous access or is there any way to get around it?

/Sahir

Not applicable
Author

If you want specific users to get prompted to login and not have to click the button to login, I recommend creating a separate virtual proxy for your developers and have no anonymous access allowed through that entry method.  That way they get prompted for credentials when they attempt to access Qlik Sense resources.

Not applicable
Author

Thaks, this may seem dumb, but I don't understand how that works, could you give an example

Not applicable
Author

Read this how to on creating a virtual proxy:

Here: Configure Qlik Sense 1.1 Virtual Proxy for Web Ticketing

and Here: Qlik Sense 1.1: Set Up Header Auth Virtual Proxy

In the virtual Proxy you want to turn off anonymous access:

2015-08-07 11_09_39-Virtual proxy edit - QMC.png

2015-08-07 11_10_12-.png

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jeff you're a Star! That solved everything!

Not applicable
Author

Please mark which ever response resolved your question as answered so that the thread can be closed and made helpful for others.

Thanks,

Jg

Not applicable
Author

Thanks I already did