Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haty
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Task Reload Failure Notification Emails

Is there a way to get Qlik Sense to send email notifications when a reload task fails?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mike_rowe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi

Not sure if you have already found a workaround to this but I have found this solution.

Reload Failure Email Alerts can be set up using a configuration file written in xml and placed in a specific folder location on the Sense Server:

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Scheduler

The file has to be called 'LocalLogConfig.xml' so that it can be recognised by Qlik and you must have an SMTP server that can be used. We have exchange at our organisation, however, common mail providers can be used such as Gmail.

The file also has to be written in a precise structure as attached. This can be adapted to suit your needs.

If you would like to use an external mail account such as Gmail then I would suggest reading this article: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Sending-e-mail-alerts-in-Qlik-Sense-En...

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Mike Rowe

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rsmuchhala
Luminary
Luminary

Not at this time, see this thread: Qlik Sense task schedule failure notifications

mike_rowe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi

Not sure if you have already found a workaround to this but I have found this solution.

Reload Failure Email Alerts can be set up using a configuration file written in xml and placed in a specific folder location on the Sense Server:

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Scheduler

The file has to be called 'LocalLogConfig.xml' so that it can be recognised by Qlik and you must have an SMTP server that can be used. We have exchange at our organisation, however, common mail providers can be used such as Gmail.

The file also has to be written in a precise structure as attached. This can be adapted to suit your needs.

If you would like to use an external mail account such as Gmail then I would suggest reading this article: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Sending-e-mail-alerts-in-Qlik-Sense-En...

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Mike Rowe
Chalorme
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Is there any update on this Task reload failure notification emails ? 

Chalorme Roy Mukherjee
Boris_I
Support
Support

Hi @Chalorme ,

For Sense entreprise we dont have anything out of the box.

In Sense Saas this is possible - https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Alerting/monitoring-cha...

Regards

Boris

Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @haty  There is another solution available to achieve this using Qlik Web Connectors.

See this  comprehensive guide  Setting Up Qlik Sense to Send Email Notifications on Reload Task Failure  

kaushi2020
Creator II
Creator II

thanks for the reply, currently there is no file named LocalLogConfig.xml in the path C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Scheduler.

1. Do I need to use the attached example file and configure required details in it ? 

2. Also how I can get smtpHost details ? is it the mail server which is being used ? or it is something related to Qlik. ?

thanks in advance.