Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sijojoseph22
Creator II
Creator II

Adding Table in PPT

Hi All,

We are generating PPT output from Qlikiview and we have kept one table object in the PPT which is having more 50 records. This is not fitting correctly in one slide. Is there any solution for this ?  Or any workaround for this.

Thanks,

Sijo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sijojoseph22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi All,

We have created a flag which will group the records after every 25 records (using class function) and did a paging for the particular slide. It is working fine now.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sijo

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable

PowerPoint does not have a good way of dealing with pagination, so this issue unfortunately does not have a good solution.

You can reduce font size to make more fint into a page, but there is no way to make a table go to another slide unless the number of values of the dimension is always fixed and known.

Pixel Perfect, MS Word and Excel have better ways to deal with pagination of data in tables including the ability to repeat headers and in pixel perfect also do page by page calculations

Not applicable

does the table have to be in a ppt?  If not, I would recommend either Excel or Word - you can simply drag in the table or use the functionality of Word or Excel to do formatting above and beyond what is in th QlikView table (assuming it is not a QlikView pivot)

You can then generate the report in the native format of the template or pdf,

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

see this example:

Not applicable

My understanding was you were using NPrinting to place the objects in PowerPoint??

It looks like you wrote a macro that sends the objects to PowerPoint.

If you utilize NPrinting, you can pick and place each object you want to be in PowerPoint and place them where ever you want and organize them however you want.

It appears you macro (and I am limited with macros) is sending each sheet over as an image(picture) excluding the object you do not want, like lsit boxes.

This method does not give you a lot of flexibility  - if you want to go with macro, I would think it would be better to do at object level than at sheet level, but I am very limited with macro.

If you want to create the report on the fly, what about NPrinting on-demand - You can click a button like what you have but nprinting will then create the PowerPoint with the objects you have included in your powerpoint template

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

No, I'm sorry I don't use in the examples NPrinting, only macro.

Not applicable

I probably cannot offer any more help, other than suggest to see if you can write your macro at the object level, instead of the sheet level - this will provide you flexibity in sizing and organizing the objects within PowerPoint

good luck!!!!

Not applicable

just as any fyi - My nprinting assumption was due to this question being on the Nprinting discussion board

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

I will take into account your suggestion

Thank you

sijojoseph22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi All,

We have created a flag which will group the records after every 25 records (using class function) and did a paging for the particular slide. It is working fine now.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sijo