Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Embed Mashup in Web Page

Hi All,

I am new to qlik sense. I currently make use of the desktop version. I created some charts and embeded them in a mashup that I created from scratch. I tried to include it in a webpage, and was successful in doing that. The challenge I now have has to do with selection. The chart is being populated by some site data. In my web page, there is a user login, and once a user logs in, it shows only details and sites of that user. I however want to restrict the sites populating these charts in the mashup based on the user login, but I am unable to do so. I am not sure if I need to do it from the web page programming side or from the qlik sense workbench. I have tried to use the select method (App.field.Select) but all to no avail. I would appreciate your help on this. I have also tried to pass session values from my web page through the link in the Iframe, but these all don't work.

Thanks.

Kunbi.

36 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Please mark replies in the article as helpful or correct to assist others experiencing the same challenges.

Your issue boils down to certificate trust and how you are building the trust between the client browser and the Qlik Sense server.  If you are using the Qlik Sense installation generated certificates you may sometimes continue to receive trust messages with Firefox because Mozilla does not trust any root certificate from non-verified certificate authority.

The below is a modification of the above referenced document, but the steps are in the above referenced document to configure the options.

Right now it reads like client browsers are going to Qlik Sense directly instead of through your IIS server.  If this is the case and this is what you want to do, the trust messages will continue until you do the following:

1.  If you are using Qlik Sense generated certificates to provide certificate trust, install the QlikClient and the Qlik Sense server root certificate on the client.  When requesting Qlik Sense server content, the server will present the server certificate and the QlikClient cert in conjunction with the root will complete the trust.

2.  On the Qlik Sense server install a server certificate from a trusted certificate authority (like Verisign).  Input the certificate thumbprint into the Proxy security field in QMC.  Now the Qlik Sense server will present this trusted certificate to the browser, for which the browser has preinstalled certificates that recognize the certificate from a trusted source.  If you intend to use a server certificate from a trusted cert authority, it must include the private key to work properly.

3.  Lastly, use the IIS server as a certificate proxy to the Qlik Sense server.  Because IIS is on the same server as Qlik Sense you can go to IIS manager and for the site go to bindings.  Set an https binding and select the Qlik Sense server certificate as the cert to use to trust the binding.  For the site click on SSL settings, enforce SSL and make sure ignore client certificates is selected.  Click apply and then ok.  Run your request through the IIS server and that way you should be able to get to Qlik Sense without the privacy messages.

jg

Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much for the details. I will work through the steps you have highlighted. However, I want to explain how the web page works. the user logs into the webpage, clicks on the "chart" link and this displays the mashup. The chart link is a html file that contains javascript objects used to load the mashup. The mashups however are all in qliksense directory. So please is that your assumption?

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

@assumption - I mean (Right now it reads like client browsers are going to Qlik Sense directly instead of through your IIS server. )

Not applicable
Author

you mean your iis server.  IIS is not required for Qlik Sense.  I assume the login page is on your IIS server and the remaining content is hosted on the Qlik Sense server.  For your mashup, you uploaded it in QMC like an extenstion correct?  Like I have said it's the certificate trust between your client and the Qlik Sense server.  The options provided above are how you can mitigate the privacy messages.  The path you follow is up to you.

jg

Not applicable
Author

Yes the login page is on IIS server and all other content except the the files that relates the mashup.  Yes the mashup is uploaded and its infact in the extension folder. I will do what you suggest. However, I don't understand what you mean by installing the qlik sense root certificate on the client. pardon my ignorance.

Not applicable
Author

Let's start by having you watch this webinar that goes a little deeper into the proxy API and the requirements.  This will demonstrate and IIS sample similar to the document, but will discuss the QlikClient and root certs a little more.

QPS.mp4 - Google Drive

Not applicable
Author

okay. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the webinar. However I followed it through and unfortunately, I can't access QMC anymore. This happened immediately I created the virtual proxy for web ticketing. Can you offer me insight on this.

tanvi_madan1
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Jeffrey,

I am trying to access mashup page in an iframe. I am getting the ticket & getting redirected to the mashup html page  bt its not showing the mashup objects. I think is there a change in mashup java script ...

Please help.

Regards,

Tanvi

Not applicable
Author

Tanvi,

can you send a screenshot of Chrome Devtools console to see what may be happening in the browser when the code tries to render?  That will help me figure out what has changed and enable me to update the document.

jg